Pine cone turkeys are a cute, easy and fun craft project you can do with your Preschooler to create handmade decor for your Thanksgiving table center piece. Craft stores often carry packages of pine cones during the fall months, if you don’t have any of your own. Another option is to use a ball of yarn or even a cut paper towel or toilet tissue roll.
- Construction paper
- Pine cone
- Googly eyes (options)
- Pine cone turkey project template
How to make it:
- You can choose to color and cut out the shapes from the pine cone turkey template, or use the cut shapes as a pattern to cut your pieces from construction paper.
- Glue eyes and a beak on the head of the turkey and set aside.
- Apply glue to the bottom of an individual feather and adhere between the pine cone scales. We used a paint brush to apply the glue.
- Continue adhering feathers until you have the look you want.
- Apply glue to the front of the pine cone and adhere the turkey head.
- Let dry