When my oldest was about one year old my mother bought her her first piggy bank. And it turned in too one of her favorite things quick. She would sit around and put coins in then I would take them out then she would put them back in. She enjoyed this so much that I even brought the piggy bank on her first commercial airlines flight for her to play with because it would entertain her for hours.
Well last week while my daughter was away visiting family in Florida, my youngest found her piggy bank. And just as you can imagine she was as fascinated by it as my oldest was. So I thought it was time to go buy another piggy bank for my little one, when I realized that hey we could make one (because we are awesome crafters now ) And I actually figured out how to make one with supplies we had around the house so we got to make this cute piggy bank for free, love it when that happens!
I decided to let my oldest have the new homemade piggy bank and let my youngest have the other one. The only reason for that is because it is harder to get the coins out of this homemade bank than the other one. And since she wants to just play with it by putting the coins in over and over the other one serves her needs better. And this one is better for my oldest because it is not so easy to get the money out so she can actually SAVE it and since she cannot see what she has inside it she is less likely to want to go spend it on candy (gotta hate it when they figure out money can actually buy stuff).
- 1 Water Bottle
- 5 Water Bottle Caps
- 1 Gatorade Bottle Cap (or any other larger size cap for the
- Pink Paint
- Glue Gun
- 2 Googly Eyes
- Pink Foam Paper (for ears)
- 1 Pink Pipe Cleaner (for tail)
- Paint your bottle and bottle caps all pink
- While the paint is drying curl your pipe cleaner around your
- finger to make the curly tail
- Now cut your ears out of the foam paper
- Fold your ears in half so they look more like piggy ears.
- Once the glue is dry glue your Legs, Eyes, Tail, Nose, and Ears
- on to your pig
- Then cut a hole on the back big enough to fit a quarter or
- folded dollar in.
- Start saving by putting money in your new bank!