Tuna casserole is a great twist on the old favorite, Macaroni and Cheese, home made and super scrumptious. The extra cheesy flavor makes eating those little veggies extra delicious. Use noodles other than the classic elbows for more eating fun.
- 1 package noodles
- 1.5 c. frozen peas
- 1.5 c. cubed Velveta cheese
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. shredded cheese
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Pour noodles into a casserole dish.
- Add cubed Velveeta and gently stir.
- Stir in tuna and frozen peas.
- Pour milk over the mixture, but do not stir.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
Tip: Your preschooler can help by pouring in the various ingredients or stirring the mixture as you pour. Talk about the colors of the various ingredients or count the number of ingredients.