We’re always looking for something the kids will like to eat, that’s healthy and easy to make. These pizza pockets are delicious and super fun to make! You can use whatever toppings you’d like, letting the kids help by adding whichever ingredients to their own pizza creation.
- 1 can croissant rolls
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded cheese
- other toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, chopped peppers, onions, pineapple, etc.
- Cookie sheet
How to make pizza pockets:
- Lightly spray your cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Separate and unroll individual croissant roll dough pieces. You need 2 for each pocket.
- Place one piece of dough on your cookie sheet.
- Add pizza sauce, spreading with a spoon. Try to keep all ingredients away from the edge of the dough by about 1/2″, this makes it a bit easier to pinch edges closed later.
- Add a generous amount of cheese.
- Add other toppings as desired. Chopping individual ingredient types into smaller pieces helps them to fill the pocket better and make eating a little easier.
- Place second piece of dough on top and firmly press edges together starting at one end of the triangle. You’ll likely find you have to “stretch” the top dough to fit over all your toppings. This is ok, just be careful not to tear the dough. Sometimes pinching the dough together helps it stay in place better.
- Using a fork poke a few holes in the top.
- Repeat until you have made all your pockets.
- Bake according to croissant roll directions on package. Let cool. Enjoy!
Make 4 pockets.
Hint: we cut our roll pieces in half to allow for smaller pockets, and more mini pockets per person.
2 thoughts on “Pizza Pockets”
We made these the other day – they were really good and the kids loved them. Thanks for the idea!