Growing up, I always loved making gifts for my parents. Dad can be especially hard to craft for, mostly because Dad’s don’t always want ceramic flower pots or paper flowers. So, here’s a fun and simple project you and your preschooler can do together just for Dad. Make a picture frame using wood shapes, craft paint and stamps. I picked up all these supplies at Walmart, but you can buy similar at most craft stores. This is a great project for any time you want to give Dad a hand made gift, Father’s Day, Birthday, etc.
Supplies you need:
- Wood picture frame
- Wood shapes and letters
- Foam stamps
- Craft paint (I used Plaid’s Apple Barrel – yellow, red, blue, green and black)
- Paint brushes
- Mod Podge (optional)
- Craft glue
The picture frame from Walmart was under $2, but does not have a back nor glass. Instead, simply Mod Podge your photo to protect it, place some cardboard behind it and place in the frame.
Instructions to make a picture frame for Dad
- Paint the wood frame black and let dry.
- Using the stamps and paint, decorate the picture frame and let dry.
- Paint wood letters and shapes, let dry.
- Glue shapes and letters on to frame.
- Seal entire frame using Mod Podge, let dry.
- Add photo.
Wrap and give your gift with love!
You can add all kinds of unique accents using the wood shapes and letter. Spell names, make a shape collage, whatever you’d like. Your preschooler will have loads of fun helping all along the way and Dad will love this personalize gift!