Tissue paper and glue makes for a very pretty stained glass effect. Here we have a fun project for Valentine’s Day using these common supplies and a few simple steps. You can make multiple hearts and hang them as a banner or pretty window decor, or make just one heart. This would even make a lovely card to give to someone special.
- Glue for painting
- Tissue paper in various colors
- Cardstock or Construction paper
- Wax paper
How to make stained glass tissue hearts:
- Use a piece of wax paper, or an old cereal bag as a work space.
- Cut tissue paper into 1.5″ – 2″ squares.
- Cut a heart out of the middle of the Cardstock
- Paint glue around the edges of the heart opening. Continue to paint glue and add tissue until the entire heart opening is covered. Repeat to add a second layer of tissue for extra durability. Let dry.
- Carefully peel off waxed paper. Cut heart edge. Hang as desired or repeat the process to make multiple hearts.