We love projects using tissue paper! It’s fun to scrunch the tissue and make pictures using all the different colors, so when thinking of ideas for Earth day, a tissue tree seemed appropriate. You only need a few supplies and the picture that results is entirely up to your imagination.
- Tissue paper
- Cardboard tube
- Single piece of paper as background
How to make a tissue tree:
- Make tree trunk from a cardboard tube, cut in half vertically. We painted our trunk using watercolors, but you can leave the cardboard brown as is if you like.
- Tear tissue paper into small (2″ – 4″) pieces and scrunch up into loose balls.
- Glue trunk in place.
- Apply glue all over paper where “leaves” will be.
- One by one, place tissue on glue and let dry.
- For added interest, include branches, flowers or even apples to your tree.
Tips: If you would like to make this project using more recycled material, re-purpose gift wrap tissue from gifts your preschooler has received.
Add extras like little paper flowers, apples or berries. You can even make a cute little birdie to place in the branches.
This would make a fantastic Earth Day project for preschoolers.