Bean bags are such a great toy to have for kids of all ages, especially preschoolers. There are a number of games the kids can play with just the bean bags, and they are an easy item to toss in your bag to take anywhere you go. For just a few dollars and about 15 minutes, you can make your own no sew bean bags. Customize your bean bags using fabrics coordinating a specific occasion or event, here’s how.
- Fabric – 4×4″ inches for every bag you want to make
- Dried beans (or rice)
- Glad Press n’ Seal plastic wrap (optional)
How to make no sew bean bags:
- Cut both the fabric and plastic wrap into 4×4″ squares.
- Place the fabric backside up.
- Place 1 piece of plastic wrap on top of the fabric.
- Place approximately 1/4 cup of dried beans in the center of the square.
- Pick up fabric corners together and gather in the center.
- Wrap yarn tightly around the gathered fabric taking care not to leave any openings. Wrap the yarn a few times to ensure a tight seal.
- Tie yarn securely and trim excess.
- Trim excess fabric (and plastic) from top.
- Feel the bean bag to check for any openings to ensure there won’t be any bean leaks when tossed.
The plastic wrap is useful because it adheres to itself and creates an extra layer to prevent beans from spilling out and moisture seeping in. You can choose to make these bean bags without the plastic or using an alternate layer if you’d like.