With all these peaches we’ve been eating, I had to find something to do with all the pits. While I am sure planting the pits in the yard would be fun i really don’t want a peach tree in the yard. So instead, we make monsters and play with our pits! These are super easy to make and many of the supplies are things you already have.
Materials you need:
- Peach pits, clean and dry
- Paint and paint brush
- Googly eyes in different sizes
If you don’t have googly eyes on hand, your preschooler can draw eyes on paper or cardboard and cut them out to glue on their monster instead.
How to make peach pit monsters:
- Paint the peach pits. Add glitter if you’d like and let dry.
- Glue on eyes and let dry.
- Make feet by creating balls out of play dough and pressing the pit into the dough. Let dough dry over night to harden.
That’s it! Your preschooler can glue on other accessories or have fun painting your monsters different colors. I’d love to hear about the fun you make with peach pits!
I’m linking this project to:
Show and Share Saturday Link Up at I Can Teach My Child