Preschoolers love to learn their letters. The Alphabet is full of mystery and fun they can recite over and over in so many different ways. Whether you are focusing on a single letter of the alphabet or all 26 as a group, there are always great activities, projects, songs and games to play featuring some facet of the alphabet.
Activities to incorporate alphabet fun into your day
- Make letters out of clay
- Finger paint letters
- Glue letters on paper using yarn, beans or noodles
- Go on a letter scavenger hunt – keep track of the list of finds on a piece of paper.
- Play I Spy the alphabet – call out things you see in your surroundings, as a group, beginning with the letter A.
- Make a letter picture using objects that start with that letter such as a letter F made our of feathers, N made of noodles, of R made of rubber bands.
Newest Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers
Here are some of our favorite alphabet activities from other websites. Please share your favorites too!
- Recycled alphabet craft
- Online alphabet game
- Alphabet felt board craft
- Make your own alphabet books
- Put the alphabet in order – online alphabet game
- Alphabet arts and crafts
- Tons of alphabet activities
- Great list of links to more alphabet games, activities, recipes and other fun projects
Our featured alphabet activities: